At the beginning of August, we had an interesting training for IBM Connections Customizer.
Everything you need to know is here: Customizer on Github
Hide unnecessary things in connections is easy, just inject the appropriate css. Which is much easier than without the customizer.
Then I had a look at the more advanced samples on opencode4connections.org. These are good samples, but do not have a practical use in our environment.
So I decided to opensource a tiny sample which improved our Connections slightly. Source is here.
This small sample changes the search results page so it opens the results in a new tab instead of the current page.
The real challenge started, when I tried to filter or page through the results. Customizer injected scripts start, when the page reloads.
Filtering the searchresults does not reload the page…
Thanks to David Walsh’s site I added the MutationObserver.
Now filtering/paging the results works.