If you have the following errors in your docs SystemOut.log

error when executing SQL:SELECT * FROM “CONCORDDB”.”DOC_HISTORY” WHERE “REPO_ID” = ? and “URI” = ?
com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlException: [jcc][10150][10300][3.65.110] Invalid parameter: Unknown column name DOC_ID. ERRORCODE=-4460, SQLSTATE=null

or if sometimes the docs displays a “Conversion server not available” error although the viewer displays the file.

Then maybe you have forgotten to upgrade the DB Schema while updateing Docs. Running the upgradeSchema.sh / upgradeSchema.bat is your friend.

Tagged with:

If you ever need to get a list of community names and their community uuid out of connections, you can open your SQL Browser and connect to the communities database and try to get the info out of the tables.

Or you can open wsadmin.

wsadmin>for cd in commList;
wsadmin> print cd.get(“name”)+”;”+cd.get(“uuid”)


Important: Don’t forget the space after the > in this line: wsadmin> print cd.get(“name”)+”;”+cd.get(“uuid”)




Problem: The activity stream for @mentions keeps loading on a users homepage.  For other users, the activity stream loads as usual.

Steps for troubleshooting:

Login as the user in Firefox and opening the WebDeveloper you see the following messages in the Console.Auswahl_004

Second error message is Error: Invalid template

The JSON gets loaded by the URL https://[FQDN]/connections/opensocial/rest/activitystreams/@me/@all/@all .

Copy the JSON into a decent viewer for example JsonEditor Online and search for the ID in my case it was 99e81c4d-Auswahl_005

If I try to open the URL in a browser I got an error: Page not found. Testing some other URLs from the JSON. They all open other JSON streams.







Resolving the Issue:

open your SQL Client of choice. for example DB2 Data Studio. Connect to the homepage db.

Remove the content under @Mentions

Remove the Content under My Activities




Requirement 1: Marketing wants to send a newsletter.

Solution: Create a new ID and a new Mailbox for marketing, teach them how they can use the mailbox. Solved.

Requirement 2: Marketing wants to send newsletters to a huge list of customers.

Solution: Improve the mailbox, so stationaries can be sent to a list of email addresses, in blocks of 100 each, so the provider does not mark us as spammers. Solved.

Requirement 3: Marketing wants to send nice looking newsletters to a huge list of customers.

Solution: Improve the agent, so it can send HTML files as MIME Mails using the NotesMime* classes. Solved.

Requirement 4: Marketing wants to send nice looking newsletters with pictures to a huge list of customers.

Analyisis: HTML from Marketing contains links to pictures on the internet/intranet. The script from requirement 3 would have to parse the html file, download all the images and replace the img src’s with the right cid’s and embedded these images in the mail.

Solution: Implementing Apache Commons Email Client the ImageHtmlEmail class does all the parsing, downloading and img tag updateing.
To run the agent on the server 2 jar files (javax.mail.jar, commons-email-1.4.jar) needs to be placed in the /jvm/lib/ext/ folder (otherwise you might have to fiddle around with the java.pol file) because the email client stores the images in the local temp directory. Restart the server/client so the jar’s get loaded.

The SMTP task needs to running and properly configured to allow connections.


Today I encountered a new error message in the IBM Notes designer.

Auswahl_635 Here’s the technote.

I like these easily understandable error messages….

I finally managed to launch the first Connections 5.5 in our test environment.

The new design is finally responsive.



Some cool features

  • 64 bit Installation Manager can now be used under RHEL
  • Installer adjusts the JVM Heapsize
  • Installer can map the applications to webserver during installation.
  • Responsive design
  • Desktop notifications – if someone sends you an @mention you’ll get directly notified when you’re logged in.
  • Rich Content App – a new widget for community managers. They are now able to create rich content in the center column or the sidebar without disturbing an admin.

Next steps is to migrate our productive Connections 5 ..



Returning to the office, checking the IBM Fix Central … over 6GB of iFix’s for Connections 5.5 available…. Download started…

Yesterday I had some fun installing an iFix in IBM Connections 5 CR3.
After mastering the long parameters for the updateSilent.sh, there was an error reported.

Going through the log I discovered the error

Failed to perform extraction.
Exception: com.ibm.websphere.update.ptf.InstallerNLS:WUPD0235E

If it can’t extract the files then something with the tmp folder must be wrong. I checked the /tmp/efixes directory, if the current user has enough rights to update the files there and I cleaned the folder from previous fixes.

Starting the updateSilent.sh again, resulted in the same error message. Checking the file permissions again. Restarting the installer… still the same error.

Finally I tried to install the iFix with the updateWizard.sh. This did the trick, because in one step it verifies the wasadmin account… Looking at my updateSilent commandline I finally discovered a typo in the password. Correcting that and everything installed smoothly.

Finally we received the fix for a tiny, nasty bug in IBM Connections 5 CR2 / CR3.

Sometimes a the folder list within communities does not work. It just displayed a blank screen.