Orient Me – 95%

The installation process for the orient me part in connections was interessting.
The installer sets up its own IBM CFC (Spectrum Conductor for Containers) environment complete with docker and kubernetes. I went through all the config steps and soon had access to the new orient me page.
Testing the page I sometimes got an error message “Der Activity Stream konnte nicht geladen werden. Zeitlimit für die Anforderung ist abgelaufen.”

Checking back on the CFC Dashboard

 

Checking the applications, the retrievalservice does not want to start. The restart count is currently beyond 450….

Setting up a second environment this time only 1 worker node with the same result.

 

 

After struggling with the new docker environment, I got the logs (kubectl logs is your friend)

There is a nasty error message.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.springframework.boot.loader.MainMethodRunner.run(MainMethodRunner.java:62)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.MainMethodRunner.run(MainMethodRunner.java:54)
... 1 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'retrievalControllerImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private com.ibm.orientme.micros.retrievalservice.service.IStackingService com.ibm.orientme.micros.retrievalservice.controller.RetrievalControllerImpl.stackingService; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'stackingServiceImpl' defined in URL [jar:file:/opt/ibm/toscana/retrievalservice/retrieval-service/build/libs/retrieval-service-20170327_131255-standalone.jar!/com/ibm/orientme/micros/retrievalservice/service/impl/StackingServiceImpl.class]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.ibm.orientme.micros.retrievalservice.service.impl.StackingServiceImpl]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Cannot connect to cluster at zookeeper1:2181,zookeeper2:2181,zookeeper3:2181: cluster not found/not ready ....

Unfortunatly the zookeper app is green….

Change the touchpoint policy url and more

Have a look at the touchpoint/js/touchpoint.js file. Find the var  config={} section and change the values in the  privacyAndGuidelines: {}.
You can also change the default language here. Run touchpoint/nls/copy-nls-de.sh script to create the de-ch, de-at,etc. resources…
If you have configured the persistent language cookie in connection with a different name then lclang you should also change the function for browserlanguage.

 

Connections 6 – TouchPoint and OrientMe

Installing Connections 6 in the lab was business as usual. If you have installed connections 5 or 5.5, it’s no big difference.
The fun part starts when you go for orientme or touchpoint.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One thing that is either missing in the Install instructions or I missed it, is that you have to copy the touchpoint directory (containing the index.html) into your webservers htdocs directory.

 

Installing the new homepage aka orient me is interresting. Installing the CFC and orientme images took a while but it was cool to see how the 3 VM’s got installed with all the needed rpm’s.

Important: don’t change the admin password when you check if the CFC is up otherwise the orient me images won’t install.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve just filled the environment with my 40’000 users (fakenames). I hope the system will be a bit more responsive tomorrow 🙂