HCL Connections Docs 2.0.2 High CPU load

Posted by

We noticed on at least 2 environments, that the CPU load was around 100%, Memory usage 100% and Swap used 100%.
Prior to the update, the servers ran happily and did not show any issues.

The process list (htop) showed a lot of /opt/libreoffice7.2/program/soffice.bin tasks.
Switching to the process tree view in htop showed some of these tasks inside the Conversion server and some outside. The screenshot shows how I think it should be:


If the command below returns more than 4, you might run into this problem too :

ps -eo pid,time,args | grep "libreoffice7.2/program/soffice.bin" | grep -v grep | wc -l

As a workaround I updated the kill_timeout.sh and sym_monitor.sh scripts in Conversion/symphony/sym_monitor directory.

The workaround is just replaceing the soffice with the path “symphony2/program/soffice.bin” inside all the greps within the kill_timeout.sh and sym_monitor.sh scripts.

example in sym_monitor.sh around line 92:


psResult=`ps -eo cmd | grep soffice| grep -v "grep"| tr -s ' ' |cut -d" " -f 1`


psResult=`ps -eo cmd | grep "symphony2/program/soffice.bin" | grep -v "grep"| tr -s ' ' |cut -d" " -f 1`

After monitoring our server for 2 days it seems that this workaround may have helped.